Morawel is located in the Gwaun river valley some 50 yards from Lower Town quay. The main part of the house is a traditional mid nineteenth century building.
We take pride in our breakfasts, we serve freshly ground coffee and whenever possible use local produce. Seasonal fruits are our speciality.
Guests are welcome to use our dining room and lounge in the evening. We have a good selection of local maps, information and books.
Directions by car:
From the centre of Fishguard, follow the A487 signposted to Cardigan. The road brings you down the hill into Lower Town, pass over the bridge and after 25 yards turn right into Glyn y Mel road. Morawel is the first house on the right.
Directions by public transport:
Bus and train
From the centre of Fishguard, walk down the hill into Lower Town, pass over the bridge and after 25 yards turn right into Glyn y Mel road. Morawel is the first house on the right.
Distance to nearest town:
Double room guide price:
Twin room guide price:
Guide price-3 night breaks:
Indicative price basis:
Per person includes breakfast
Room only guests welcome from £25pppn
Particularly suitable for:
- Professional people working in the area
- Overseas visitors
Short break indicative price basis:
Per person includes breakfast
Single room guide price:
- Culture – musical – Fishguard is an excellent central point for music, arts, walking and enjoying the coastal scenery. For people without independent transport there is a network of ‘walkers buses’ that provide access to the coastline.
- Stop-off for Ireland
- Outdoor pursuits
- Bird watching
Amenities and Services
- Alarm clock – All rooms have a radio alarm clock.
- Credit cards – We do not accept any credit cards, payment is by cash or cheque.
- Crockery – All rooms are equipped with cups and saucers. Plates, cutlery can be provided on request.
- Hair dryer – Hair dryer is provided in each room.
- Iron/ironing board – An iron and ironing board are available.
- Microwave available for guest use.
- Radio/tape/cd – All rooms have radio and terrestrial TV.
- Refrigerator/freezer -A refrigerator and freezer is available for guest use on request.
- Safe – Valuables can be stored on request.
- Tea/coffee – All rooms have tea and coffee making.
- We do need the hours 12mid-day- 4p.m. to service and maintain the rooms.
- No pets.
- Garden area – We have a large garden, laid to lawn, flower borders, soft fruit and vegetables. Guests are welcome to walk round or sit in the garden .
- Information point – We maintain a comprehensive range of local information.
- Lounge – Guests may use the lounge which has satellite TV and VCR player. We have a good selection of popular films.
- No smoking rooms – All rooms are non smoking, guests are welcome to smoke in the garden.
- Nursery/creche – We are happy to child mind in the evening by prior arrangement to enable parents a little free time.
- Parking – There is private parking at the rear of Morawel. n.b. access is quite tight for large vehicles but we are willing to assist.
- Pets – We may take pets by prior agreement.
- Playground – Lower Town has a very nicely equipped playground suitable for under 10’s. This is located approximately 50 yards from Morawel.
- Restaurant/dining – Guests are welcome to use the dining room for eating their own food in the evening.
- Toilet/washroom – All rooms are en-suite, with thermostatic showers, w.c. and wash hand basin.
New Year’s Eve street party.
Morawel has private off road car parking, please note that access is a little tight. There is additional parking on the Quay (tides permitting!) We have covered and secure area for bicycles and secure hard standing for motorcycles.
Number of floors, access, lifts etc:
All bedrooms are on the first floor, accessed by a straight staircase of 12 steps.
There are three bedrooms, all are en-suite, furnished with shower cubicles.
Dining room (access, menus, etc):
The dining room is on the ground floor.
Emergency exits and alarms: There are three emergency exits, all rooms are fitted with smoke detectors.
Transport and location
Morawel is the first house on the right in Glyn Y Mel road, Lower Town, Fishguard. It is a Victorian double fronted house painted magnolia.
Fishguard town center is 500m from Morawel, nearly all of which is up/down a steep hill. Several taxi companies operate in Fishguard and can be booked if required.
Fishguard train station is 2km from Morawel, located at the sea port in Goodwick.
The bus stop is 100m from Morawel on the main Fishguard to Cardigan road outside The Ship Inn.
From the centre of Fishguard, walk down the hill into Lower Town, pass over the bridge and after 25 yards turn into Glyn y Mel road. Morawel is the first house on the right
Cars and bikes
From the centre of Fishguard, follow the A487 signposted to Cardigan. The road brings you down the hill into Lower Town, pass over the bridge and after 25 yards turn into Glyn y Mel road. Morawel is the first house on the right.
Morawel is open all year and guests can arrive between mid day and 9.00pm.
All bedrooms are on the first floor, accessed by a straight staircase of 12 steps. There are three bedrooms, all are en-suite, furnished with shower cubicles.
None of the bedrooms or bathrooms are specifically adapted for disabled use.
Glyn y Mel Road
Tel. 01348 873 366